Description: At TOKI, we strive to present visitors to Japan with the opportunity to experience authentic Japanese traditional culture. Based in Tokyo, we work together with our cultural partners to create cultural activities and tours, help curate custom itineraries for our guests, and guide them throughout their stay.
Some examples of our cultural experiences include:
- Experiencing tea ceremony at Tokyo's most exclusive cultural heritage tea house
- Make a Japanese traditional meal (kaiseki) at a Michelin restaurant
- Make Japanese traditional confectionery with a wagashi artisan, who has experience teaching to patisserie chefs from around the world
- Learn how to make Edo kiriko (cut glass) with the 3rd and 4th generation father and son
- Experience making Japanese ceramics at a kiln made by the famous Kitaoji Rosanjin
- Experience studying or working abroad for at least two years
- TOEIC score of 920, Eiken Grade 1
- Required languages: English, Japanese
- Ability to speak Chinese, French, Russian, Arabic
Specifics: You will be a translator during our cultural experience activities, not a travel tour guide. We cater towards affluent VIP guests, so we require a somebody who is able to maintain a conversation with them. We prefer a someone with at least two years of experience either studying or working abroad.
- Location: Metropolitan Tokyo and surrounding area (currently Tokyo and Kanagawa)
- Working time: 1 day, 3~5 hours. Regarding working days, we are accommodating
- Compensation: To be determined